Final Week- Boys and Girls Club
My final week at the club, I had decided to devote to more interaction with the administrative arm of the club. I spent time with the director of the club Skip Drouin. Mr. Drouin is an amazing person and he is so devoted to his work at the club. He devoted his life to a career as a school principal working in the Joplin School District for over 30 years, and has a vast experience with the nature of his work. More importantly, however, he has a great passion for the mission of the club and for the kids. My time with him made me think of the importance of devotion in top management and how much of a difference it makes when people are truly passionate about their work. We talked some about the sources of funding for the club and about the importance of social capital in such circumstances. We spent some time reflecting on my impressions from the club. I told him how great of a time I have had at the club and how many positive impressions I am taking away from there.
Even though I mentioned it in my last blog, I must mention it again I will really miss the kids and every one that works there. The time spent in the club is something I will definitely remember for a very long time!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home