Boys & Girls Club- Week 6
Week six was fun as usual. I was having a really hard day, just being worn down and not in the greatest moods, but nevertheless I decided to go to the club today and not postpone the event. That I must say was the wisest decision I had taken that day. After just ten minutes or so with the kids I was already feeling so much better. The relaxed atmosphere and smiles upon everyone’s faces just changes your entire outlook. I remember one of the staff there sharing this experience with me on my first day, but now I really know what he was talking about. I felt so much better, just playing with the kids and sharing their laughter and careless afternoon. Away from the worries of the day, simply playing those games which kids play, it was the highlight of my day. What a blessing kids are, they remind us what life really is about. The simplicity of their play and joys in their actions can put a smile on anyone’s face.
Next week I have planned a visit with the administrative arm of the club. I will try to familiarize myself with the dealings of the local club and the sort of sponsors the club attracts in our area. I will also have one more day with the kids, sadly it will be my last. They have really grown on me and I will miss the time I spent with them. I think that if I have the opportunity I will go back and visit, and especially when I am having a bad day- I promise their smiles are the best cure for any stress or worry you might ever have!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home