Hello From Sweden

Hello everyone!
So I arrived in Sweden about two weeks ago, and so far my experience has been terrific.
I just completed my first official week of classes, and honestly my initial impression is surpassing my expectations. As we know the academic system we are exposed to in the U.S. is quite different from the one practiced here in Sweden, and in the rest of Europe for that matter. It is the practical vs. theoretical, correspondingly. I am yet to make a realistic evaluation of the two, but even though my class load here is much lighter, I am already expecting it to be quite a bit more demanding. In any case, I will find out the extent of the difference as the semester unfolds.
As for the social atmosphere, any of you who have been to Europe know what I mean when I say, Europe, oh Europe! J
I am a part of an international student body of around 200 individuals from about 56 different nations. Much like MSSU’s international orientation, JIBS- Jönköping International Business School, is a place which fosters a global perspective. As an international school, the majority of the classes are thought in English, and that produces an environment for blossoming international relations. It’s quite fun to be able to make friends from all parts of the world, and to interact with them. You get to find out if the stereotypes we hear of are accurate, you learn about cultures much different from your own, and most importantly you develop a sense for understanding the diversity of the world we live in.
Anyways, I will be here for the next six months and will do my best to keep sharing my impressions with you. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me. I realize that my experience can be not only enriching for me, but also for the rest of the students from the honors program. For now, however, this is all. Hej Då

1 Comments:
Hi. It's good to hear from you. I sounds like you're getting a lot from the experience. I'm looking forward to my opportunity to study abroad.
It is interesting that you point out the differing educational styles (practical vs. theoretical). I didn't expect there would be much of a difference in the teaching approach. From my experience the subject area tends to be the determinant of the most effective teaching style.
Take Care,
Tim
Post a Comment
<< Home